Wednesday, February 15, 2006

CivilWarrior is Coming Home!


Soldier, milblogger, teacher, diplomat, and all-around good guy Stephen is finally leaving fun filled Camp Bondsteel! In The last hurrah he gives one last look at the kind of work he's been doing for the past year in Kosovo.
At this point, I lost my patience with the whole thing, and told Trajon that he was wasting my time, and that I wasn't going to put up with it. I told Anthony Dada, and Danny we were leaving, got up and started to walk out. As soon as I did that, it suddenly got quiet again, Trajon left the room very quickly, without shaking my hand (which is considered a huge insult here) and very embarresed. All of the old men were smiling and nodding at me, telling me they agreed with me about what they should do...lots of handshakes all around...it was great.
Thank you, CivilWarrior!!! You've done a great job and taught me a whole lot along the way. I'm really looking forward to that "I'm Home!" post!!!