Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Seen Any Good Movies Lately?


I don't watch current movies. I haven't been to a theater in over a decade. I like old movies with John Wayne, Humphrey Bogart, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, the Marx Brothers and the Three Stooges.

TweetiePie bought a brand spankin' new plasma TV "for us" for Christmas to replace the 20 year old set in the living room. When his brother came over to see it, he said "Schweet! But couldn't you have ponied up the bucks for a color TV?" As usual, it was tuned to Turner Classic Movies on some long forgotten B&W movie.

Well, I got a request from a wonderful young wounded warrior for a couple of "recent" comedies or mysteries and I don't want to give him something that sucks. If you've got suggestions, I'd really appreciate it if you'd leave me a comment.