Sunday, August 28, 2005

Some More Thoughts on Walter Reed

I must first apologize for the lame title of my previous post. It gave the impression that the DC Freeps chased away the Pinkos, and that was not the case. I don't know what will make those folks go away but I hope that an enormous crowd of people who truly support the troops will make the anti-war types invisible.

The work and dedication of the people from FreeRepublic cannot go unheralded. They are nice, happy, hardworking people that I really enjoyed meeting. I'm looking forward to next Friday when I can again hold a sign, wave a flag, and yell "thank you!" to the troops pulling in and out of the hospital. If you are in the area, come on down between 6:30 and 9:30 to the main entrance of Walter Reed.

W04Man took a lot more (and better) photos. You can see them here.