Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about REDSIX

And didn't hesitate to ask!

Lt. Neil finally posts again and answers a bunch of oft repeated questions in the hope that people can just read his blog, rather than pester him for answers. Hah! Little does he know how persistent we are!

One thing I learned: he doesn't read other milblogs, and thinks most of them are "whiny". Either I have a different definition of whiner, or he really has not seen what's out there. Anywho, its a great post, as usual.

"Absolutely. I don't care what anybody says about free speech. I am not a civilian, I am a soldier. There is a reason we are called GIs. Yeah I have my own ideas and opinions. And in the heat of battle, my commander takes my judgment into consideration. So I know when to voice my thoughts and ideas.

But at the same time, I can't just say whatever the heck I feel like. It can hurt the unit. We are not a 9-5 job. We are a war machine. Very few soldiers understand that. Some soldiers don't understand that they VOLUNTARILY gave up certain freedoms when they enlisted in the Army. Nobody made them do it. It was their own choice. Accept the reality."
Go read.