Friday, July 29, 2005

S.397 Gun Industry Liability Bill - HOORAH!

UPDATE! BREAKING NEWS! HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!

IT PASSED!

At 5:30 EST a majority of members of the U.S. Senate finally found their 'nads!!

============================================

I feel like Andy Rooney. "D'ya ever watch CSPAN? Have you ever read the congressional record? Doesn't it feel make you feel like you're being slowly starved to death, or under heavy sedation?"

I'm killing myself by watching the Senate vote on some stoopid "poison pill" amendment that seems to be going down in flames. *Whew!* The bad part is that it looks like the Dingbatcrats are going to push the final vote off until the next session in September.

I did find some answers to questions that I had in the Congressional Record. It has been my worry that it will only be a matter of time before some stoopid court will find in favor of a plaintiff and award damages in some crippling amount that will start an avalanche of new suits. Not only will the domestic (you and me) market suffer, but the military as well. Both Senators Frist and Hatch argued that if companies like Baretta are sued into bankruptcy it will have a disastrous effect on military small arms and other ordnance. I, for one, do not want to out-source such critical supplies!

And for you guys in Ohio, please don't re-elect DeWine. He's a RINO of the worst sort.