Monday, July 25, 2005

Inconsequential Things

There are many things I care about, like my family and friends, my dog, the weather, my guns, etc. One thing about which I couldn't care less is the color of someone's skin. I just don't give a rat's ass what color you are! Ethnic origin might make for interesting conversation, but it has no bearing on my evaluation of any individual. Content of character far surpasses color-group identity in my book. Nobody's going to un-teach me the the lessons I received long ago.

Thus it is that I have constructed my vision of the SCOTUS. With everyone looking the same, we have to peer beyond the smiley-face group and judge each on an individual basis. We can't concern ourselves with gender or race. I don't care if President Bush nominates a white male, a black female, an hispanic hermaphrodite, or whatever. Just let the individual be a Constitutional Constructionist, or Originalist. Let him/her/it be like Scalia and Thomas and I'll be thrilled.

I'm really tired right now. I'll probably read this later and decide that it sucks.