Wednesday, July 27, 2005

5 1/2 Questions

Libby got JimmyB (aka CUG) to play a new "Chain Blog" game, and now ITS MY TURN! Hooray! Here's the deal:

Hey.
Thanks for playing!

Here is the original set of rules:
1) Leave me a comment saying interview me please.
2) I will respond by asking you five questions.
3) You will update your blog/site with the interview questions.
4) You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Here are my Questions from JimmyB:

1. Have you always been conservative?
Pretty much. As a teenager in the 70s I had the usual rebellious attitude towards "authority" and thought my parents and most adults were idiots, but unlike most liberals I continued to mature intellectually. I also have a love of history which gives me a better perspective on why thriving, healthy civilizations have a way of destroying themselves by abandoning the very ideals and values upon which they were built.
I'm all for technological and scientific advance. I welcome improvements in our quality of life. What makes me a conservative is my belief in certain absolutes of right and wrong, and that all rights are predicated on meeting responsibilities.

2. What is your favorite movie, or two?
That's a tough one! I'm partial to comedy, like the Marx Brothers classic Duck Soup.

3. Who is your favorite classical music author?
Edvard Grieg. Some people consider his music "classical" (but its really jazz) so I'll also say George Gershwin.

4. Favorite firearm (owned, or would like to have).
My current favorite is my beautiful stainless Kimber Ultra Carry that I've named "Condi". She's small, pretty and powerful.
As far as what I would like to have? Pretty much anything I see...so many guns, so little time...

5. How many fingers am I holding up?
12.

Just kidding. Preference: 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's rock?
Yes.

Whew! How many did I get right? Who wants to play next? Leave me a request in the comments and I'll email you with your personal "Chain Blog 5 Questions".