Thursday, October 06, 2005

Good Thoughts Needed

Sorry for light posting. I haven't heard from my adopted Marine, LCpl Pete, in two weeks and yesterday I saw that he was deactivated from AnySoldier.com. Naturally, I freaked out!

Fortunately, the kind people at AnySoldier are used to this, and they gave me someone to contact. It seems Pete has a serious illness (I don't know any details) and has been transfered to Landstuhl. Not being family, I must compose myself and be patient. News will come eventually. (*bouncing off the walls!*)

I didn't realize how attached I've become to this kid. I've never met him, never spoken to him, just exchanged emails, photos, 'n stuff. But, God how I hope he's OK. I hope his wife can get to him, where ever he is. I hope he knows I care.

Update 10/9: Just got word from Pete's wife that he's still in Germany and may be headed to Walter Reed on Tuesday. He's stable but still in ICU.